Super minimalist, ultralight 850 fill power down vest designed as a midlayer for cool, dry conditions. Down Series: Down insulated garments | SL: Super Light.
As light and compressible as functionally possible, the Cerium SL down vest weighs a scant 120g (4.2 oz) but delivers exceptional warmth for its weight. A minimalist midlayer for cold, dry situations, its lightweight packability also makes it useful as a warming layer for autumn belays, evenings at camp and spring backcountry ski rest periods.
GRAMS ARE SHAVED
The 850 fill power goose down’s warmth to weight ratio is outstanding. The Arato™ 7 nylon shell is a highly compressible fine denier taffeta that provides remarkable durability and windproof properties for exceptionally little weight. Because the Cerium SL is intended as a midlayer, Arc’teryx is able to use sewn through construction to further reduce weight and increase packability. True to detail, the Cerium’s zippers are minimized to reduce weight and bulk.
Features and construction reflect disciplined, purpose driven design. Down Composite Mapping™ technology is used to strategically place synthetic Coreloft™ insulation in areas prone to moisture. The single chest pocket includes a removable stuff sack, elastic at the hem seals out drafts, and the collar is carefully patterned to provide coverage while layering comfortably under a shell. A DWR treatment repels light precipitation.
FULL FEATURE LIST
- Moisture-resistant outer face fabric
- Great warmth-to-weight ratio
- Compressible and packable
- Wind resistant
- DWR finish (Durable Water Repellent) helps repel water from fabric surface
- Down Composite Mapping strategically places Coreloft™ synthetic insulation in areas where moisture may buildup and down in areas for maximum warmth
- Insulated collar
- Low profile collar
Zippers & Fly Configuration
- Full front zip with chin guard
- Corded zipper-pulls reduce noise and are easy to grab
- Elasticized rear hem seals out draft
- Chest pocket with zip
- Includes stuff sack
- Coreloft™ 100 (100 g/m² ) insulation. Made with highly crimped multi-denier siliconized polyester yarn, this lightweight, breathable, and thermally efficient, 100% polyester staple fiber is very compressible and has excellent loft retention.
- Coreloft™ 40 (40 g/m²) insulation. Made with highly crimped multi-denier siliconized polyester yarn, this lightweight, breathable, and thermally efficient, 100% polyester staple fibre is very compressible and has excellent loft retention.
- Arato ™ 7 – 100% nylon
- 850 fill European grey goose down (225 g-M)
- Machine wash in warm water (30°C) on gentle wash cycle.
- Do not use fabric softener.
- Front load washing machine recommended (use a mesh bag for top loading machines).
- Rinse twice.
- Tumble dry on low heat with tennis balls or ‘sock balls’. Drying time may take up to three hours.
- Do not iron.
- Store unstuffed in a dry place.
There are no reviews yet.