The THERMOLITE® Reactor™ Extreme liner is Sea to Summit’s warmest knitted sleeping bag liner. If your adventures take you to colder climates, the Reactor Extreme will add plenty of warmth to a sleeping bag. In warmer weather, it can be used a ‘stand alone’ sleeping bag. The hollow core fibers of the THERMOLITE® fabric work like hollow polar bear or caribou fur – along with the knitted structure, this traps plenty of insulating air. Super soft and amazingly stretchy, the Reactor Extreme uses a heavier version of THERMOLITE® to provide extra warmth for an incredibly comfortable night’s sleep. Use one to build your cooler-weather sleep system and to help to keep your sleeping bag clean, too.
Learn more about which liner is right for you HERE.
DOES THE REACTOR EXTREME LINER…?
- Add 25°F / 15°C to any sleeping bag? Not necessarily. There are a lot of factors involved in the thermal performance of a sleep system, starting with the insulation value of your sleeping pad. Read more HERE.
- Work for backpacking? For most backpackers. The Reactor Extreme weighs 13.9 ozs – a reasonable trade off in weight/thermal performance for occasional cold-weather backpackers. Weight-conscious performance users may opt for a Spark Sp 0 / Flame Fm 0.
- Need special care when being washed? No! The Reactor Extreme can be washed in a washing machine with normal supermarket laundry ‘soap’; just avoid fabric softeners as they will reduce the wicking performance of the fabric. You can dry it in a dryer, use cool or low heat.
HOW TO CHOOSE
The Reactor Extreme is Perfect For…
- Backpackers whose sleep system will be used in colder climates
- Campers whose sleeping bags don’t keep them warm a the advertised temperature
- Very warm-weather campers who don’t need a full sleeping bag
- Campers or backpackers looking to extend the performance of a (perhaps order) sleeping bag into shoulder seasons
Other Liner Options
- The Reactor Fleece Liner will add even more warmth to your sleeping bag.
- Performance-oriented, weight-focused end users may opt to use a Spark or Flame as a sleeping bag liner.
- Stretchy, Thermolite® fabric is incredibly comfortable
- 110g/m² fabric is warmer than the 80g/m² Thermolite® used in the standard Reactor
- Works like your favorite cold-weather base layer to trap insulating air and increase warmth
- Easy care – no special soap is needed
- Significantly improves the thermal performance of your sleeping bag
- Comfortable stretchy fabric
- Keeps sleeping bag clean
- Machine wash and air dry – Avoid fabric softeners & dryer sheets to maintain wicking performance
- Packs into its own Ultra-Sil™stuff sack
Easy to wash and helps to keep your sleeping bag cleaner for longer.
There are no reviews yet.